This 2020, many Marathon events in Japan have been canceled due to COVID-19.
Now people all around the world are fighting against the virus; there are many runners that exercise daily and work hard to maintain their health and fitness.
Although the Mt. Fuji Marathon 2020 has been canceled, we want to share Japan’s symbol Mt. Fuji, and bring motivation to run. We hope that this will become of use to everyone developing their physical fitness.
We hope that runners will look forward to joining us again at Mt. Fuji in Japan. As for 2020, we will be hosting the Mt. Fuji International Marathon 2020 Virtual Run in which you can participate from anywhere in the world. We have prepared categories in which those who are unable to run a full marathon can participate too.
We look forward to your participation.
Virtual Race Information
|Race||Mt. Fuji International Virtual Marathon 2020|
|Race Day||Saturday, November 21, 2020 – Monday, November 30, 2020|
|Organizer||Nikkan Sports,Fujikawaguchiko Town,Yamanashi Athletics Association,R-bies Sports Foundation.|
|Award Presentation||No awards|
How To Enter
- Step2Race Period (November 21 – 30, 2020)
Please use a running app or watch GPS that you own to participate.
Run a total distance further than the running category you entered for, within the Race Period.
- Participants will be listed on the website.
- You may run with a BIB (number card) downloadable from the website.
- You may run whenever, wherever.
- There is no need for you to complete the race all at once.
- Step3Post Race
A Record Certificate will be available online. (You will need to fill out the information yourself. This is a template.)
Send in your results by E-mail, proving your completion of the race. This can be a screenshot or picture of your running application or GPX data.
Designated E-mail address → email@example.com
(Deadline: December 6, 2020)
- Step4Within one week after the Race
An Mt. FUJI International Marathon Original Movie Certificate; 『.finisher』 will be available for download, (Full Marathon finisher only)
Enter your BIB number and record to have the movie issued.
- Step5Mailing of the Participant Prize T-shirt and Medal (Beginning of January 2021)
Mailing of the Participant Prize T-shirt and Medal.
S : shirt length 71/shoulder width 49/chest length 52 M : shirt length 72/shoulder width 50/chest length 54 L : shirt length 73/shoulder width 54/chest length 58.5 XL : shirt length 75/shoulder width 54.5/chest length 58.5
This is a unisex shirt.
NOTICE: All participants must agree to and abide the following Application terms upon entry.
- We cannot accept the change of race category or name, cancellation, and transfer of rights, once the registration is completed. Refunds are not possible unless there is faulty to the organizer.
- You are free to choose your course. However, please keep in mind the situation of COVID-19 and mindfully choose an environment you can safely run in each country and region.
- Please be sure to follow traffic rules and facility rules, such as manners at parks.
- Please avoid running in groups. In cases that you will be running with multiple people, please be sure to keep enough distance.
- Be sure to manage your health before starting the race, and in the case that you do not feel comfortable, stop running.
- The organizer is not responsible for any injury, sickness, or accidents that happen upon participation in the race. There is no applicable insurance, either.
- Participants must agree in advance that pictures and videos may be posted on, Monthly Runners, RUNNET (RUNNET GLOBAL), the official website, social media, and others, and entrust the organizer with the portrait rights.
- The organizers acknowledge the importance of personal data and will strictly comply with privacy policies and related laws. The organizer will use personal information based on these laws and policies.
Your personal information will be used to: improve service for race participants, deliver participation guides and information on future races, notify and announce race results, provide service from sponsors, supporting organizations, and related organizations.
Original T-shirt & Finisher Medal
- All participants will receive a 『Mt. FUJI Original T-shirt』
- All marathon finishers will receive a 『Mt. FUJI Original Finisher Medal』(Designs are different between the Full-Marathon and Fun-Run.)
A Record Certificate will be available online. (This is a template that you will need to fill out yourself.)
Original Movie Certificate
An Original Movie Certificate; 『.finisher』 will be issued to Full Marathon finishers. Those who participate in the Full Marathon will get a video that looks like you are running the actual Mt. Fuji Marathon Course.
Enjoy the magnificent pictures of Mt. Fuji!
Chance to Enter Mt. Fuji International Marathon 2021
10 people will win the right to participate in the “Mt. Fuji International Marathon 2021 by lottery!”
- Participation will be free. However, runners are responsible for all other costs, including transportation and accommodation fees.
- You may choose between the Full Marathon, and Charity Fun Run (an approximate 10km run).
- In the unfortunate case that the 2021 marathon is canceled, the right to run will be forfeited.